I made some very good banana bread tonight:
- Cream 1 cup of sugar and a half cup of butter and a healthy tablespoon of honey.
- To that, add two eggs, a teaspoon of vanilla extract, 3 ripe bananas, a pinch of cinnamon and a pinch of nutmeg. Drop in 4 tablespoons of sour cream. Beat it silly.
- While that is mixing, in another bowl mix 1 cup of whole wheat flour, 2/3 a cup of AP flour and a cup of quick cooking oats. Mix in a teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda and a pinch of salt.
- Slowly add that to the mixing wet ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Chop together about a cup of oats, about a cup of brown sugar and 1/3 cup of butter. I added about a tablespoon of flax seed to this.
- Sprinkle that mixture over the top and bake at 350f for 40 minutes or until the center sets.
It’s good alone and great with a scoop of ice cream or some peach slices. I think it could also be nice with a few nuts or raisins thrown in the batter.